Connections

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

30 Minutes

30 Minutes on the Precor Elipticall doing an interval course. 2.75 miles and 260 calories burned. Heartrate got up in the 160's during the peaks and down around 130 for the low. Yeah! My heart rate was 130 after just 3 minutes of stepping during my fitness evaluation. It's great to see the progress.

In my daily devotions I'm reading "The Comforting Presence of God" by Nancie Carmichael, "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian and a chapter or two out of the New Testament. Today I read Philemon. I have two verses today.

Hebrews 12:15, "Looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled."

Philippians 4:8, "Fill your minds with those things that are good and that deserve praise: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely and honorable...and the God who gives us peace will be with you."

I don't want bitterness and hardness of heart. I wish to be bathed in the fruits of the Spirit, in God's unending favor and love. I cannot do this on my own, it is God's work through me.

2 Comments:

  • Congrats on the exercise results! Way to go.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and verses... they spoke to me also.
    Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:07 AM  

  • DDD, I've exercised three times this week - thanks for the good example you have set. TM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home